* The Boys soccer team played a tough and physical match against Butler last night. Despite putting together some good offensive chances late in the match, the game eventually ended in a 1 to 1 draw. PRP's goal scorer was Fuad Mohamed. We'd like to thank everyone that came out last night. It was great to have such a huge fan base on the road. The boys will be back in action on Thursday at 5:30 against Doss here at PRP.
* Preview Day: October 19, 2014 at Bellarmine University
* Attention : students who are planning on auditioning for Governor’s School For the Arts:
A one day workshop will be offered to students in order to gain a better understanding of the audition process. This workshop is on November 1st at Louisville Collegiate School. Acceptance to the workshop is based on a first-come, first-served policy. Students must register at www.kentuckygsa.org. The registration opens on October 1st.
Please see Mrs. Wilhoit in E1 if you have any questions..
* BETA Club will be meeting after school on Thursday, Sept. 25 in the Seminar room of the tech building for officer elections, dues collections, and new service opportunities. Please plan to attend this meeting if you are a current member of BETA Club. Anyone with questions should see Mrs. Walker in Room 105.
* Any student who wants to try out for the PRP Bowling Teams must attend a mandatory meeting with a parent on Thursday, September 25, 6:30-8:00 PM in the cafeteria. All completed physical and permit forms must be turned in at that meeting along with $40 for the insurance fee and $50 for the cost of the uniform jersey. Tryouts will be held at Dixie Bowl on Wednesday October 1 (and Thursday October 2nd if needed) after school.
* KYA will having a bake sale after school thursday to raise money for thier conference in November. Please come by and get some good treats while supporting this great organization.
thanks Coach Bobb
* PSAT sign ups are going on now thru October 13th. Students can sign up with Ms.Hockman in the counseling office. The cost is $16.00 cash only and the test will be given on Wednesday,October 15th during the school day.
Juniors----will need to sign up no later than by October 2nd, if you plan on attending after school sessions on October 9th, 13th, &14th.
* Ms. Webb will have an informational meeting on Wednesday, Oct. 1 for students interested in traveling to New York City for a cultural arts experience this Spring. The meeting will be held in Ms. Webb's Room T112A on Wednesday at 2:30.
* Join the PRP library as we celebrate our right to read during Banned Books Week! While many schools around the country are banning books, we are promoting them. Come in and check one out today!
* Graphics Club has been cancelled for this week. Our next meeting will be next Thursday, October 2, in Ms. Webb's room T112A.
Stop by to see Mrs. Wilson’s “Great Places Board” in the counseling office. Bring your acceptance letter from any college you are admitted to and put your name on the board!!
“You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go!
* Senior Trip - There will be a parent meeting for the senior trip on Wednesday, Sept. 24th at 7:00pm in the cafeteria.
* Juniors who are interested in taking the PSAT, which is a National Merit qualifying test and required for Governor's Scholars program may begin signing up on September 22nd in the counseling office. The cost is $16.00 cash. The test will be given on October 15th. Any junior who signs up for the PSAT test can and should attend a PSAT prep session on October 9th, 13th, adn 14th. Each session will last one hour after school and it is free!
* Seniors, Please member when applying to colleges, most will require a statement from your counselor. Please print out the counselor form after completing your application and drop off to me for completion.
*** JCPS does not support or authorize use of "send edu". Remember to send all transcript requests by Parchment.com
* Attention all students and parents--Do you have an Android phone? If so, there is an app available that allows you to download a TI-84 Calculator for free! While you are not allowed to use these on any standardized tests (including ACT and EOC), this can be very useful for homework. Some teachers may even allow them to be used in class for daily work (but not for tests or quizzes). The apps name is Wabbit emu. It can be downloaded on google play. We suggest that you download the TI 84 C SE version as this is the most recent release by TI--in color!
* Seniors, University of Louisville CAMPUS PREVIEW Saturday OCT 11.
* Seniors interested in Bellarmine University... Early deadline for application Nov 1. Check out website. No fee and NO ESSAY !!!
* Seniors, remember to check out college websites and applications. Apply ASAP !!!
* Students interested in trying out for the 2014-15 Bowling team should be sure that they have picked up physical and form packets from Coach Nichelson's door, Room 116. These packets have additional forms that are not in the physical packets available in the office. All physicals and forms must be complete and ready to submit at the mandatory parent's meeting on September 25, 6:30 PM in the PRP Cafeteria.