* The Boys Soccer team picked up an impressive win Last night against Atherton. After falling behind by 2 goals early, our boys pulled it together defensively, and put 3 goals away to win the game. Goal Scorers were Fuad Mohamed, Saiid Abdullahi, and Parker Shouse. They boys will be back in action Tuesday night at Butler High School. We'd love to see you there!
* Graphics Club has been cancelled for this week. Our next meeting will be next Thursday, October 2, in Ms. Webb's room T112A.
Stop by to see Mrs. Wilson’s “Great Places Board” in the counseling office. Bring your acceptance letter from any college you are admitted to and put your name on the board!!
“You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go!
* Reminder to all freshmen class officers there is a meeting monday September 22 after school in Mrs. Haley's room 234.
* There will be a YPA meeting Friday 9-19 after school in room 306. We have some exciting opportunities for our students to get involved in the current Senator Election to help with either campaigns representing Allison Grimes and Mitch McConnell. New members are welcome
* Senior Trip - There will be a parent meeting for the senior trip on Wednesday, Sept. 24th at 7:00pm in the cafeteria.
* Juniors who are interested in taking the PSAT, which is a National Merit qualifying test and required for Governor's Scholars program may begin signing up on September 22nd in the counseling office. The cost is $16.00 cash. The test will be given on October 15th. Any junior who signs up for the PSAT test can and should attend a PSAT prep session on October 9th, 13th, adn 14th. Each session will last one hour after school and it is free!
* If you would like to participate in this year's Future Problem Solving team, meet with Mrs. Szatzschneider and Mr. Thrasher in room 315 immediately after school on Monday, September 22 for a brief interest meeting.
* Seniors, Please member when applying to colleges, most will require a statement from your counselor. Please print out the counselor form after completing your application and drop off to me for completion.
* Attention all students and parents--Do you have an Android phone? If so, there is an app available that allows you to download a TI-84 Calculator for free! While you are not allowed to use these on any standardized tests (including ACT and EOC), this can be very useful for homework. Some teachers may even allow them to be used in class for daily work (but not for tests or quizzes). The apps name is Wabbit emu. It can be downloaded on google play. We suggest that you download the TI 84 C SE version as this is the most recent release by TI--in color!
* Seniors, University of Louisville CAMPUS PREVIEW Saturday OCT 11.
* Seniors interested in Bellarmine University... Early deadline for application Nov 1. Check out website. No fee and NO ESSAY !!!
* Seniors, remember to check out college websites and applications. Apply ASAP !!!
* Students interested in trying out for the 2014-15 Bowling team should be sure that they have picked up physical and form packets from Coach Nichelson's door, Room 116. These packets have additional forms that are not in the physical packets available in the office. All physicals and forms must be complete and ready to submit at the mandatory parent's meeting on September 25, 6:30 PM in the PRP Cafeteria.
* Senior Information Night will be Tuesday, Sept 23rd at PRP at 6:30. Colleges will be on hand to answer questions. Bring your parents for this important night!!