* Juniors who are interested in taking the PSAT, which is a National Merit qualifying test and required for Governor's Scholars program may begin signing up on September 22nd in the counseling office. The cost is $16.00 cash. The test will be given on October 15th. Any junior who signs up for the PSAT test can and should attend a PSAT prep session on October 9th, 13th, adn 14th. Each session will last one hour after school and it is free!
* If you would like to participate in this year's Future Problem Solving team, meet with Mrs. Szatzschneider and Mr. Thrasher in room 315 immediately after school on Monday, September 22 for a brief interest meeting.
* There will be a mandatory KYA meeting Thursday after school in Coach Bobb's room (120). Anyone wanting to participate must be there. Meeting will last about 45minutes.
* Thursday Sept. 18th will be "Hats on for High Attendance Day"
Students be here on time on Thursday and you can wear your hat.
Every first period class w/100% in attendance will get pizza on Friday Sept. 19th
* The Reader Advisory group will meet this Thursday from 2:30 - 3:30 in the library. Don't forget to complete the checklist! See Ms. Reed if you have any questions.
* The Marine representative will be here during lunch today.
* Congratulations to the Lady Panther Volleyball Team. They were the champions of the bronze division at the Lexington tournament this past weekend. Great job ladies. Their next game will be here against Moore tomorrow. 5:00, 6:00 & 7:00. Come out and support your lady panthers.
* Seniors, Please member when applying to colleges, most will require a statement from your counselor. Please print out the counselor form after completing your application and drop off to me for completion.
*** JCPS does not support or authorize use of "send edu". Remember to send all transcript requests by Parchment.com
* Attention all students and parents--Do you have an Android phone? If so, there is an app available that allows you to download a TI-84 Calculator for free! While you are not allowed to use these on any standardized tests (including ACT and EOC), this can be very useful for homework. Some teachers may even allow them to be used in class for daily work (but not for tests or quizzes). The apps name is Wabbit emu. It can be downloaded on Google play. We suggest that you download the TI 84 C SE version as this is the most recent release by TI--in color!
* Seniors, University of Louisville CAMPUS PREVIEW Saturday OCT 11.
* Seniors interested in Bellarmine University... Early deadline for application Nov 1. Check out website. No fee and NO ESSAY !!!
* Seniors, remember to check out college websites and applications. Apply ASAP !!!
* Students interested in trying out for the 2014-15 Bowling team should be sure that they have picked up physical and form packets from Coach Nichelson's door, Room 116. These packets have additional forms that are not in the physical packets available in the office. All physicals and forms must be complete and ready to submit at the mandatory parent's meeting on September 25, 6:30 PM in the PRP Cafeteria.
* Senior Information Night will be Tuesday, Sept 23rd at PRP at 6:30. Colleges will be on hand to answer questions. Bring your parents for this important night!!