* Seniors interested in Bellarmine University... Early deadline for application Nov 1. Check out website. No fee and NO ESSAY !!!
* Seniors, University of Louisville CAMPUS PREVIEW Saturday OCT 11.
* Attention all students and parents--Do you have an Android phone? If so, there is an app available that allows you to download a TI-84 Calculator for free! While you are not allowed to use these on any standardized tests (including ACT and EOC), this can be very useful for homework. Some teachers may even allow them to be used in class for daily work (but not for tests or quizzes). The apps name is Wabbit emu. It can be downloaded on google play. We suggest that you download the TI 84 C SE version as this is the most recent release by TI--in color!
* Seniors, Please member when applying to colleges, most will require a statement from your
counselor. Please print out the counselor form after completing your application and drop off to me for completion.
*** JCPS does not support or authorize use of ""send edu"". Remember to send all transcript requests by Parchment.com"
* Juniors who are interested in taking the PSAT, which is a National Merit qualifying test and required for Governor's Scholars program may begin signing up on September 22nd in the counseling office. The cost is $16.00 cash. The test will be given on October 15th. Any junior who signs up for the PSAT test can and should attend a PSAT prep session on October 9th, 13th, adn 14th. Each session will last one hour after school and it is free!
* PSAT sign ups are going on now thru October 13th. Students can sign up with Ms.Hockman in the counseling office. The cost is $16.00 cash only and the test will be given on Wednesday,October 15th during the school day.
* Juniors----will need to sign up no later than by October 2nd, if you plan on attending after school sessions on October 9th, 13th, &14th.
* Preview Day: October 19, 2014 at Bellarmine University
FREE ACT Prep
ACT Boot Camp
Wednesdays at 4:00 pm
Exclusive PRP Date: Friday October 17th 3:30 pm
Call The College Shop at the Shawnee Library to RSVP 574-1722.
* FCA will meet Thursday morning this week in room 324.
* Seniors can apply online for the Wendy’s Heisman Trophy Scholarship. The deadline is October 10, 2014. Apply at www.WendysHeisman.com
*Eligibility for application is limited exclusively to men and women whose senior year of high school is the 2014–2015 academic year, who have at least a “B” grade average, and participate in at least one of 27 sports.
* Seniors Bellarmine Preview Day is October 19. Register at www.bellarmine.edu/previewday
Great resource for scholarship and financial aid info.
There will be a brief meeting in room 122 regarding the Maid Cafe tryouts for Anime Club after school on Wednesday, October 8 until 3:30. Only stay if you are interested in Maid Cafe.
"Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kentuckiana, along with RMHC Global, offer scholarships to students in financial need who have demonstrated academic achievement, leadership and community involvement.
How to Apply: Students may apply online starting October 1, 2014. Graduating high school seniors may apply for one of the four scholarship programs. The four scholarship programs are: RMHC/Scholars, RMHC/Asia, RMHC/African-American Future Achievers, and RMHC/HACER®.
Applicants will be notified of their scholarship award status in May-June 2015.
The deadline to apply for the 2014-2015 academic year is January 20, 2015.
* Students may also visit this link to apply for this scholarship and for more information:
* U of L Preview Day Oct 11, 10-4
* Preview Day at Bellarmine University. October 19. Register at www.bellarmine.edu/previewday"
Families of Seniors!! Baby Ads for the Yearbook are due by October 15 to Mr. Braun in room 201. Forms for these are in the Counselors Office and the Main Office. You can also receive one by e-mailing Mr. Braun at email@example.com. Can be paid by Check or Cash.
* Seniors! Want to send a special note to your group of friends or someone special in the Senior class? Purchase an Ad in the Yearbook and submit pictures and a special message to your friends that will be in the yearbook in May. This is a great way to surprise your closest friends or even embarrass a friend with some funny pictures. See Mr. Braun in room 201!
* Parents please update your current email on parent portal. We do send info via email to parents. Please make sure it is an email you check frequently.