* This is a reminder to all students who are working on an entry in the PTA Reflections Contest –
Your entries and entry forms are due to Mrs. Wilhoit by October 17th. Use this long weekend to work on them!!
* BETA Club officers for this year are as follows:
President: Brittany Auvil
Vice President: Taylor Blevins
Vice President: Cheyenne Greenwell
Secretary: Abby Anderson
Historian: Taylor Thomas
All officers need to plan to stay after school on Thursday, October 2nd for a brief meeting with Mrs. Walker in Room 105. Anyone who can not make this meeting needs to see her prior to Thursday afternoon in Room 105.
* Seniors Bellarmine Preview Day is October 19. Register at www.bellarmine.edu/previewday
* Seniors can apply online for the Wendy’s Heisman Trophy Scholarship. The deadline is October 10, 2014. Apply at www.WendysHeisman.com
Eligibility for application is limited exclusively to men and women whose senior year of high school is the 2014–2015 academic year, who have at least a “B” grade average, and participate in at least one of 27 sports.
FREE ACT Prep
ACT Boot Camp
Wednesdays at 4:00 pm
Exclusive PRP Date: Friday October 17th 3:30 pm
Call The College Shop at the Shawnee Library to RSVP 574-1722.
* There is no game club this week.
* Preview Day: October 19, 2014 at Bellarmine University
* PSAT sign ups are going on now thru October 13th. Students can sign up with Ms.Hockman in the counseling office. The cost is $16.00 cash only and the test will be given on Wednesday,October 15th during the school day.
Juniors----will need to sign up no later than by October 2nd, if you plan on attending after school sessions on October 9th, 13th, &14th.
* Juniors who are interested in taking the PSAT, which is a National Merit qualifying test and required for Governor's Scholars program may begin signing up on September 22nd in the counseling office. The cost is $16.00 cash. The test will be given on October 15th. Any junior who signs up for the PSAT test can and should attend a PSAT prep session on October 9th, 13th, adn 14th. Each session will last one hour after school and it is free!
* Seniors, Please member when applying to colleges, most will require a statement from your counselor. Please print out the counselor form after completing your application and drop off to me for completion.
*** JCPS does not support or authorize use of "send edu". Remember to send all transcript requests by Parchment.com
* Attention all students and parents--Do you have an Android phone? If so, there is an app available that allows you to download a TI-84 Calculator for free! While you are not allowed to use these on any standardized tests (including ACT and EOC), this can be very useful for homework. Some teachers may even allow them to be used in class for daily work (but not for tests or quizzes). The apps name is Wabbit emu. It can be downloaded on google play. We suggest that you download the TI 84 C SE version as this is the most recent release by TI--in color!
* Seniors, University of Louisville CAMPUS PREVIEW Saturday OCT 11.
* Seniors interested in Bellarmine University... Early deadline for application Nov 1. Check out website. No fee and NO ESSAY !!!